- It is with great sorrow that we acknowledge the passing of composer/psychiatrist/inventor
Emmanuel Ghent at age 77, on March 31, 2003.
A complete listing of Emmanuel Ghent's works is available from the New York Public Library.
"Solitary - 10 Pieces for Solo Guitar", by Bill Washer, is West Street's latest release! A beautiful collection of original compositions, we are delighted to bring Bill Washer's new CD to our label. Featuring musical styles from classical to folk, Brazilian to jazz to improvisatory free styles, Washer has produced an instant classic which will stay in your CD player for weeks, if not months at a time! All the compositions are original except for two, which Washer adapted for the guitar. The excellent sound and recording quality make this a must have for your collection!
* "We'll Carry On" is a benefit compilation CD featuring 16 songs written and performed by FDNY, PAPD, WTC volunteers and local NYC musicians. Net proceeds go to 911WVFA and the PAPD WTC Disaster Survivors Fund.
* Signatures on the CD cover are of hundreds of uniformed personnel (FDNY, PAPD, NYPD ESU) who worked on the recovery effort at the WTC site.
* Valerie Ghent personally presented copies of "We'll Carry On" to President George Bush, Gen. Colin Powell, National Security Advisor Condoleeza Rice, Gov. George Pataki, Mayor Bloomberg & Rudy Giuliani. These politicians all signed a WTC panoramic poster identical to one on the CD cover. "We'll Carry On" has also been given to NJ Gov. James McGreevy.
* Due to overwhelming demand we have just pressed the second edition of "We'll Carry On".
* After being featured on 'The Early Show' (Channel 2); 'News at 10'
& a full length feature video to the title track on 9/11/2002 (both Channel 9); and a feature on NY1, we have
been getting orders and supportive email from all over the country: Michigan,
California, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Minnesota, Maryland, Vermont,
Pennsylvania, Virginia, and from all over the Tri-State area.
CD's have also made their way to Germany! Thank you for your support!
* International shipping of "We'll Carry On" now available through cdbaby.com
* The international poster signing project is now underway in Tokyo, Japan and soon at at the American Cathedral in Paris, France.
I approached Lt. William Keegan and asked him if by any chance he knew any poets or songwriters in the Port Authority Police Department. He sighed and said that the PAPD lost a songwriter/poet on 9.11. I said I was sorry my question elicited such a sad response. "But there's someone else though you should talk to, an officer named Norma Hardy, she has written a poem that has been read at many services already." Norma and I met later that night and she gave me a copy of "The Men". As soon as I read it, I knew I wanted to put it to music.